Yoshinobu Yamamoto’s free agency dynamics have been constantly shifting since his posting last month. Meanwhile, the New York Yankees remained as front runners for a long time. Since Brian Cashman made a trip to Japan, he is head over heels for the pitcher and desperately wants the pitcher in the Yankees fold.
However, the deal is easier said than done. As per market rumors, teams are rallying Yoshinobu Yamamoto like the latter is a hot piece of cake. Of course, who wouldn’t want an ace in their starting rotation? Having said that, monetary implications and stakes are too high in this alleged pursuit. But the hot topic of discussion is whether the Yankees are still all in for Yamamoto.
Yankees Reportedly Still Aggressive In Yoshinobu Yamamoto’s Pursuit!
The New York Yankees are no strangers to making bold moves, and their pursuit of Yoshinobu Yamamoto is no exception. However, with Juan Soto’s historic acquisition, leading competitor New York Mets expected Hal Steinbrenner to soften his stand on the ace pitcher’s pursuit. Andy Martino of SNY claimed that the Mets expected the Bronx Bombers to exit the Yamamoto sweepstakes after Soto’s acquisition. However, owner Hal Steinbrenner intends to show evil Empire levels of financial aggressiveness. Moreover, the owner also expressed willingness to spend all in to land the Japanese ace in the Bronx. Needless to say, acquiring Yamamoto is the need of the hour for the Bombers.
To land Juan Soto, the team had to deplete its pitching depth. Yoshinobu Yamamoto will remain the key to pitching staff upgrades. Having said that, the Mets are equally invested. As per Martino, Mets’ leadership, Steve Cohen and David Stearns made a special trip to Japan last week to hold in-person talks with Yamamoto. The 14-hour long flight travel was meant to indicate the Mets’ sense of urgency. Cohen had the option to wait for the pitcher to land in the USA. Yet, he made a trip to ensure a strong impression. Having said that, Yoshinobu is scheduled to meet with the Yankee front office on Monday next week, and it would be the first time the two parties will sit together to hold substantial talks. Overall, the next couple of weeks promise intense drama and excitement with respect to the ace pitcher’s free-agency rendezvous.
Yanks’ Blockbuster Trades Leaves Announcer Terrified!
While the fans are celebrating Juan Soto’s blockbuster trade pursuit, popular Yankee announcer Michael Kay couldn’t ignore the negative implications of the addition. On his recent show, Kay said that Soto’s inclusion will force Aaron Judge to be in the center field, and he is not comfortable with that adjustment. “I don’t feel comfortable with Aaron Judge in center field,” said Kay.
However, Michael Kay trusts Brian Cashman to find a way through. He said the GM is sensible enough to know it’s unideal to field Aaron Judge in the center for 100-odd games. Thus, the managerial duo of Cashman and Boone will find a way to work things around and ensure that Judge’s workload is not hampered. However, Cashman has dropped the responsibility to make adjustments on Boone’s shoulders. “Ultimately, Aaron Boone is gonna make those calls,” Cashman said.